J. Chris Coetzee, MD, AOFAS President
Steven L. Haddad, MD, Program Chair
Abstract Submission Deadline: 2:59 pm CST, Thursday, January 10, 2019
Notifications Sent: Mid-March, 2019
Thank you for your interest in participating in the 2019 AOFAS Annual Meeting. AOFAS is currently accepting submissions for paper presentations. Please review the requirements below closely before beginning your abstract.
As the “Primary Submitter” you are responsible for managing this abstract, which includes adding co-authors to the abstract, and ensuring co-authors complete their conflict of interest disclosures and any other required tasks. Co-authors are required to have an aofas.org account for you to add them to the abstract.
check if they already have an account, or they can
create a new account here.
- Your co-authors will receive an auto-generated e-mail notification that they have been added to the abstract. They must log in to complete their disclosure, license agreement, and attestation form. Their login information is the same as on the AOFAS.org website.
- Your abstract is not marked as complete until all co-authors complete these required forms.
- Abstracts for the Annual Meeting are considered for scientific papers, Posters, and ePosters. The Program Committee reserves the right to offer an alternate presentation format from the submitted preference.
- Disclosures will be collected from the AAOS Orthopaedic Disclosure Program, which will require every author and co-author to have a current disclosure on file. Follow the instructions on the submission form to search for, update, or create your AAOS disclosure.
- There is a limit of 500 words for each abstract (excluding the abstract title and authors) - Section word count limits are Introduction/Purpose - 125, Methods - 150, Results - 125, Conclusion – 100.
- A single file, figure or table, may be uploaded for each submission (jpg, png, jpeg file, up to 3MB).
- Use generic drug and/or device names wherever possible and be sure to keep the submission blinded with no author or institution names.
- The primary author will receive an email confirmation when their abstract has been submitted. Please note that all co-authors must complete disclosures before the submitted abstract is considered complete. A confirmation email will be sent to the primary author indicating that the abstract submission has been marked complete.
- The primary author may save an abstract and re-visit the submission site as often as necessary to complete. After submitting an abstract, however, the abstract will not be editable. Please review your abstract before submitting to ensure that it is accurate and includes all co-authors.
- Complete abstracts will be reviewed in a blinded peer-review process by the Program Committee. Notifications will be sent by mid-March 2019.
- All accepted abstracts will be published in Foot & Ankle Orthopaedics (FAO), an open access scholarly journal of the AOFAS, and the top 50 selected abstracts will be printed in Foot & Ankle International (FAI)®, To opt out, please contact email@example.com.
For questions related to your abstract content contact AOFAS during business hours at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For technological difficulty within the submission form, contact at email@example.com